Define a function trophic_level_index(chla , tn, tp) that takes values for Chorophyll-a (CHLA), Total Nitrogen (TN), and Total Phosphorus (TP) and returns the Trophic Index (TLI3) using the calculation below. The TLI3 is calculated as the average of the three transformed values, where each value is transformed as follows:
tlc = 2.22 + 2.54 ∗ log10CHLA tln = −3.61 + 3.01 ∗ log10TN tlp = 0.218 + 2 .92 ∗ log10TP
For example, if CHLA = 10, TN = 100, and TP = 1000, then:
tlc = 2.22 + 2.54 ∗ 1 = 4.76 tln = −3.61 + 3.01 ∗ 2 = 2.410 tlp = 0.218 + 2.92 ∗ 3 = 8.978 and TLI3 = 5.383 (to 3 decimal places)
– The notation log10x means the logarithm to base 10 of x, i.e. the power to which 10 must be raised to yield x.
– In Python, log10x can be calculated (after importing the math module) as math.log(x, 10)
– You can assume that CHLA, TN, and TP values are positive, i.e. greater than 0.
– Your function should not round its result.
– TN, TP, and CHLA are commonly used variable names in the literature, so you can use the following variable names in your code in this assignment: tn, tp, and chla (note they are lower case).