1. Write a program called hist_eq which is run as follows:
– Asks the user for an image
– Opens the image as a grayscale image
– Performs histogram equalization
– Saves the result as a new image
– Then displays the original image and the resulting image
The program should apply global histogram equalization to the image. You may assume that the images are 8-bit images (grayscales are in the range [0,255]). Your program should be documented and organized appropriately. Include some images that you tested this on, both the before and afters. Ensure there is variation in intensity.